Team Wheat

Team Wheat

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Welcome back...

It's was officially announced today that Marvin Sedberry, Sr. is the new Head Football Coach and Athletic Director at GHS.  This is Coach Sedberry's third stint here in "tha G,"  and I, for one, am excited to have him back! 

As a die-hard Greenville Lions fan, it is great to have a coach who has had a winning track record with our team BACK with our team.  Coach Sedberry has taken the Lions to the playoffs many, many times in the past, and I am ready to go there again!

As a coach's wife, (more specifically as COACH WHEAT's wife), I welcome Coach Sedberry back with open arms.  After all, he is the man who originally hired Jeff as a Lion coach way back in '94.  I have always thought very highly of Coach Sedberry; he is a man of integrity, and a good role model for our young (and not-so-young [read: Coaches]) men.  I know that Jeff has always admired him, and with good reason.

As an athlete's mom, (more specifically as MITCHELL WHEAT's mom), I think it is so cool that Mitchell will be playing ball for Coach Sedberry.  After all, he was the head coach at GHS when Mitchell was born.  I used to tote that child up to the top of the bleachers in a baby-backpack (NOT an easy task, I assure you) quite frequently on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday nights.  This hiring makes me feel like everything has come full-circle.

Welcome back, Coach Sedberry.  Welcome home.

No comments: