Team Wheat

Team Wheat

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Baseball and Bobble-heads

Matthew had a t-ball game tonight. He loves to play, and he's really good at hitting the ball. Unfortunately, he doesn't have much interest in fielding...which can be a problem, since he plays right field. He spends most of his time dancing, spinning, and chatting with his coach. An odd thing that Jeff and I have noticed since Matt started playing ball is that he doesn't run. I don't just mean that he doesn't run fast, I mean he doesn't run. He kind of shuffles along with his head down...it's very odd. I know that he can run, he and Mallory race around all the time. Tonight I realized that the reason he isn't running is because of his helmet. I think he's afraid that it's going to fall off, or he's going to fall over. No matter how much we talk to him before the game about running as fast as he can, he just continues to shuffle around the bases like a little bobble-head. And you know what? My little bobble-head scored a run tonight!!

No comments: