Team Wheat

Team Wheat

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Mitchell

My firstborn will be a teenager tomorrow.

My sweet, precious little baby is now a sweet, precious teenager.
When did that happen?
In the blink of an eye.

My tiny little preemie is now taller than me.
When did that happen?
Sometime between football season and track season.

My polite, respectful little boy is now a polite and respectful young man.
When did that happen?
Over the last 4748 days.

If I had known that the last time I picked up Mitchell and held him in my arms was going to be the last time, I would have held on so much tighter...and never let go.

Mitchell is every parent's dream. He is such an incredible kid. He is the best big brother in the world. Matthew and Mallory adore him. He is the one they go to when they are injured--in body or in spirit. He can always make everything better for them. He is the one Jeff and I call on whenever we need something, and the one we rely on waaaaaaay more than we should. He is always willing to help out anyone in need, and never says no when he is asked to lend a hand.

It's a mystery why the Lord chose to bless me with Mitchell, but there isn't a day that goes by that I'm not grateful, and humbled to be his mother. Sometimes just the thought of how fortunate I am absolutely takes my breath away.

Thank You, Lord, for trusting us with this amazing life. Thank You for blessing us every minute of every day with this child. Thank You for the opportunity to witness Mitchell's spiritual walk with You, and to watch him live his life for You. God, You are so good.
Amen, and amen, and amen.

No comments: